We had someone comment about our ‘Yam! It’s Good’ recipe. We haven’t posted it yet, but since you’ve asked …
This is one incredible recipe I eat almost everyday at the noon time meal when I’m home, and the energy I get is unparalleled. This is very plain and very simple but is so daggum good.
• 1/2-cup distilled water
• 4 carrots (washed but NOT peeled; sliced in 1/4-inch slices)
• 1 large broccoli floret
• 1-inch piece of butternut squash (peeled and sliced in 1/4-inch slices)
• 1 cup of celery (sliced in 1/4-inch slices)
• 1 yam (peeled and sliced in 1/4-inch slices)
• 1 cup of string beans (sliced in 1-inch slices)
• 1/2 small Avocado
• Pour the the 1/2-cup of distilled water into a cooking pot, then add the sliced carrots.
• Mix the rest of the ingredients together (except for the broccoli as we’re saving that for after this recipe is cooked) and then put in the pot over the carrots.
• Turn up the heat to medium and simmer for 30 minutes, max. Turn off the burner.
• Use a cheese slicer with a blade and run the broccoli floret over it; allow the broccoli to drop into a bowl.
• Pour the cooked ingredients all over the broccoli and let it sit for a minute or two.
• Place the diced avocado on top.
Now let me tell you, when you are eating this there is nothing that will get in the way of you finishing it as it’s just flat delicious. But best of all it gives you loads of lasting energy.
We’ll post more recipes on the blog from time to time, and if you have any requests for a certain dish, please let us know. However, please know that you can go to mangoman.com/recipes to find years of recipes we’ve put together.
Hope you enjoy the recipe.
All the best.